Join our Fleet Feet Mentor Team!
Mentors play an important role in ensuring a great experience for our training program participants. Do you have what it takes to be a Fleet Feet Sports Mentor? We are currently looking for run and run/walk mentors for our ongoing training groups ranging from 5K to 50 miles.
The Fleet Feet Sports Mentor Team is a passionate group of walk and run mentors who help people reach their goals of walking and running.
What is a Mentor?
A Mentor is an invaluable resource to our training program participants and an "on the road" representative of Fleet Feet Sports Fair Oaks & Roseville. Mentors attend every group workout throughout a training program to provide support. Their main responsibilities include:
- offering positive energy and a positive attitude to the group
- promoting safety, etiquette and providing support during workouts
- keeping an assigned approximate pace or interval while walking or running
- running alongside participants and making sure everyone is accounted for
- educating participants about the benefits, products and solutions that Fleet Feet Sports offers
- calling on their past personal experiences to provide knowledge, advice, and general tips when it comes to training and living healthy
- Can motivate and inspire others in a positive manner
- Has completed at least 2 races at your desired distance.
- Has trained with us previously.
- Is able to attend 80%+ of all twice-weekly training workouts
- Will relay critical information, suggestions and concerns to the Head Coaches
- Is willing to run for the purpose of mentoring and not for your own workout (during group/race runs)
- Can maintain a desired pace or has access to GPS watch for pace guidance
- Is a people person and has a desire to help others achieve their goals
- Willing to be a Fleet Feet Sports Fair Oaks/Roseville store ambassador
What distances can I mentor for?:
- 5k & 10k walk/run, run program
- Half Marathon -Folsom Blues, Urban Cow, Nike Womens
- Full Marathon -CIM
- Ultra -WTC50K, AR50
- Details on each program can be found HERE
- Warm fuzzy feeling from knowing that you made a difference in someone's running and/or walking
- Free entry into program (including all of the benefits that the participants receive)
- In store discount for duration of program
- Post-training program party!
Click Here to fill out our Mentor Application.
Questions? Contact Kirk Edgerton at firstname.lastname@example.org